Monday, July 18, 2011

Summer Tuna Salad

Oops - all gone.
I'm not typically all that crazy about tuna salad.  But in the summertime, I need to make something that does not involve a stovetop, and I need to put in strange ingredients to make it worth the fact that I'm eating canned tuna.  This recipe satisfies both.

Also, in case you didn't know, lemon makes everything taste better.

This recipe was inspired by a salad I had at the Whole Foods Co-op in Duluth:




15 oz. chunk light tuna, packaged in water, drained
1/4 c. red onion, chopped
6 oz. jar of marinated artichoke hearts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1/3 c. kalamata olives, cut in half
4 Tbsp lemon juice
zest of one lemon
salt & pepper to taste

I made this today and put it over fresh spinach.  Trés healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment